What we do
Here at Mamas Better Together, we gather to support moms to know the freedom they have in Christ to enable them to influence their homes and disciple their children. We believe that remarkable things happen when mothers come to fellowship, share love and live together. In 2020, Mycel a mother of three (3) children who has been away from her kids for years saw the importance of when God is in the center of the home. She was moved by God to bring mothers together to know Him God and why there's a need to make Christ the of their homes. We have the vision to expand our reach to include ALL moms. In addition, we are partnering with churches and organizations worldwide to equip and encourage moms in this direction.
We couldn't be happier that you have found us on the beautiful journey of motherhood. We hope you have already connected to our Mama Meetup Group, if not, use the search box to find us. Every mama nurtures and parents her kids differently, and it’s in those differences that we learn from each other and allow Christ to teach us how to do it better. We are better together!
Mamas Better Together International (MBT) encourages and equips mothers to realize their potential as moms, women leaders, to have intimate relationship with God, in partnership with the local church.
Like the Proverbs 31:13 mother, Mycel had to travel to seek a better life for her family when life became difficult to live in her home country. And all the years of been away from her husband and children, not been part of her children's lives, their growing and schooling, she clung to the Lord to help her and the husband to nurture their children in a godly manner and the Lord did. The Lord then place on her heart to equip and encourage ALL mothers to know Him God and have personal relationship with Him. That is the only way they can enjoy their motherhood journey and see their children become great.
Statement of Faith
- The only true God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6: 4‐5; Acts 17:24‐28; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- The divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible in faith and practice (2 Peter 1:20‐21; 2 Timothy 3:16‐17; Psalm 119:9‐11, 105; 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
- The full deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, who lived as a perfect example, who atoned for the sins of the world at the cross, who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as both Lord and Savior, and who will return in power and glory in the fullness of time to judge the living and the dead, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God (John 1:1, 14; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 4:15; Isaiah 53:3‐6; Acts 4:10‐12; Matthew 26:63‐64; 2 Timothy 4:1).
- The value and dignity of all humankind: originally created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but who became alienated from God and each other because of sin and guilt, and who are justly subject to the judgment of God (Genesis 1:26‐27; Colossians 1:21; John 12:47‐48).
- The justification, by God’s grace, of all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8‐10; John 3:16‐17; Romans 4:4‐5).
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and transforming power the Christian is enabled to live out our new life and new calling to evangelism and discipleship of believers within the fellowship of the Church (John 16:7; 1 Corinthians 6:19‐20; Galatians 5:22‐23; Matthew 28:18‐20).
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences (John 17:20‐23; Revelation 5:9).
The passages of Scripture associated with each of the statements are not offered as proof texts; rather, they are intended to serve as a beginning place for further
Why Mamas Better Together?
MAMAS BETTER IS NEEDED MORE THAN EVER BEFORE IN THE STATE FAMILIES AND CHILDREN ARE BEING ATTACKED BY THE ENEMY. -
There are an estimated 2.2 billion mothers all over the world. -In the United States, 3.66 million babies are born every year, 61 percent born to single women.
- Millennials polled said they want a “radically kinder, loving and more compassionate” experience with a church, one that doesn’t make them feel like an outsider. They are craving a more authentic community where they find the love of God and His values.
- Mamas Better Together has been building communities of moms for over 10 years, connecting women to each other and embracing the journey of motherhood, together.
- Motherhood is a powerful common denominator that bonds women together and creates space for faith conversations.
- Mothers change the world by utilizing their gifts through raising the next generation. -Knowing the gospel truth is the hope women are craving for , even if they don’t know His name yet.
- Mamas Better Together is being positioned like never before, to influence culture and motherhood in the name of Jesus Christ.
why we do it
WE ARE PASSIONATE ADVOCATES OF THE INFLUENCE OF WOMEN AND THE VALUE OF MOTHERHOOD. WE KNOW THAT MOTHERS MAKE A BETTER WORLD AND THAT MAMAS BETTER TOGETHER IS FOR ALL MAMAS.
From mothering topics, praying for kids, financial management, relational skills and more, mothers receive the support they need at Mamas Better Together. By meeting these needs, Mamas Better Together is creating space for moms to come into personal relationship with God to influence their home and children.
MAMAS BETTER TOGETHER LEADERS CREATE A WELCOMING AND OPEN ENVIRONMENT TO INVITE EVERY MOM IN TO EXPERIENCE THE LOVE OF GOD. It’s our desire to expand our reach far beyond our local Mamas Meetup groups into other communities around the world. The Leaders will be trained to change the landscape of their neighborhoods with hope, love, kindness and initiatives . These skills enable moms to develop into influencers in both the ministry and marketplace spheres.
WE ARE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST We aim to meet women where they are, creating a safe place for honest conversations and questions. We see time and time again, when a mom meets Christ, her kids and oftentimes husband, also meet Christ for the first time.
We are mothers who stick together, building circles of women who love each other like family, because we believe in the transformative potential of relationship and mentoring.
Mamas Better Together is boldly entering new territories, meeting moms wherever they need community, truth, hope and support. Mamas Better Together will be in women’s prisons, public schools, coffee shops, hospitals, homes and churches
What they say
ACKNOWLEDGE THAT EVERYTHING COMES FROM GOD, INCLUDING RICHES AND HONOR. DAVID SURRENDERED TO GOD WHAT WAS RIGHFULLY HIS AS THE ORIGINATOR, THE OWNER, AND THE OPERATOR OF THE UNIVERSE.
Mycel is a friend & mighty woman of God whom I treasure! The Holy spirit introduced us by telling Mycel she would meet a woman named Jo Ann for three previous days and I was overcome by the expression of love on her face when she came with a friend to our Jewels Fellowship Meetings. The night before, in a dream, the Lord showed me I would meet our special Founder’s Day Speaker that I was looking for and the rest is history! Mycel is called & prepared to let this world know Jesus is our Way maker for everything needed pertaining to this life & beyond! She is compassionate and full of God’s confidence in delivering the Gospel message of truth to this generation.
May I encourage you to meet, Mycel, in order to find out how very much you are loved by our Creator, our Sustainer, our Healer, our Deliverer, our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus!
Jo Ann, Kolks, Dir., Jewels Women’s Ministry, Dunedin Assembly of God in Florida
Find us here: