Do you to know what love is and how to love the right way? Here are 20 bible verses about love to help you understand what true love is.
As Valentine day approaches, there’s a lot of talk about love, but how many people really know what true love is? Love is something we all want Deeply and pursuit of it can take us down the wrong road or leave us empty. In fact true love is the most highly sought after in all times. So here are 20 Bible Verses to help you understand true love.
In the scriptures, it shows us the love of God and everything He does indicates His love for us. And He wants us to reciprocate this same love to our others by loving our neighbors as ourselves.
Have you been struggling to know what the bible says about love, or wants to love in a godly way but don’t know how? If so February 14, a time show love is a fantastic time to get back on track and reflect on these scriptures.
So today, I’m sharing 20 bible verses about love that will help you do just that! After all what a better way to understand love than this time of the year.
20 Bible Verses To Know The Spiritual Meaning About Love
While you are welcome to go through these scriptures on love at once, it’s important to pick and choose the ones that are most meaningful to you, I recommend you take that which speaks to you personally.
I made these 20 bible verses so that you have enough truth about love in a biblical way and how to walk in it.
Bible Verses About How to Love God
- You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart , with all your soul, and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5, NKJV
- That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19, NKJV.
- Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful and fully repays the proud person. Psalms 31:23, NJKV.
Bible Verses About Love and How it Behaves
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, it not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hope all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, NKJV.
- Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins. Proverbs 10:12, NKJV.
- Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:7-8, NKJV.
- No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 1 John 4:12 NKJV.
Bible Verses About How God Love Us
- The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Jeremiah 31:3, NKJV.
- Nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39, NKJV.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16, NKJV.
Bible Verses About Loving Your Spouse
- Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them. Colossians 3:18-19, NKJV.
- That they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, Titus 2:4, NKJV.
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her; So husbands ought to love their own wives as their won bodied; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. Ephesians 5:25, 28-29, NKJV.
Bible Verses About Perfect Love
- Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgement; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:17-19, NKJV.
- As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. John 15:9, NKJV.
Bible Verses About How Spiritual Gifts and Charity is Worthless Without Love
- And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2, NKJV.
- Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1, NKJV.
Bible Verses About Loving Others
- Jesus said to him, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: you shall love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:37-39, NKJV.
- Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:10, NKJV.
- You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:18
To love yourself and others, you have to discover your potential!
Well, here you are with these 20 bible verses about love. I hope they bless you and truly help you to grow closer to God’s love and how He wants you to love others.
Will you committed to love as God’s wants you to? If so, let me know in the comments below!