A thankful heart is expressing your feeling or showing gratitude. You’re grateful, pleased, and relieved for what you have and also what you don’t have.
You don’t only thank God when you get a breakthrough and everything is working well for you, but also when you can’t see the headway in life. When you’re going through the valley when it seems like your expectations are cut short and not receiving answers to your prayers and questions.
David said, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear evil for You are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me” (Psalms 23:4)
You bring pleasure to God’s heart when you’re thankful and it moves you into the realm of faith, strongly acknowledging that He is with you and will help you. When praise and thanksgiving is your lifestyle, you give the enemy no chance to manipulate you. Your attitude of thankfulness during a difficult time is a sacrifice that is pleasing to God.
The Lord Who knows all things and what is best for you may delay some request for your own good. Maybe giving you that particular thing will destroy your life; He loves you so much that He doesn’t want to see you hurting. Waiting with a good attitude!
Being thankful gives you a certain kind of confidence in the God you have believed.
So thank Him for the unknown answer, and this attitude proves that you trust Him no matter what happens in life. “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1Thessalonians 5:16).
I am talking about being at peace with yourself even when it seems like you’re going under and not coming up. This is a trust statement!
There are so many things in your life that you need to be thankful for, which you sometimes take for granted.
Consider These Things And Be Thankful
- Being thankful for the gift of life, someone would have given everything to be alive today if it was within his/her ability.
- Are you still alive, even though the Doctors gave you just 6 months to live?
- Can you see, hear, walk, talk, eat, and dress yourself up, putting on what you want to wear yourself? Jump, run, do exercise as and when you want.
- When was the last time you visited the hospital with a serious illness?
- Are you married, do you have children? (A miracle someone is looking for).
- Are your children intellectually sound or normal, going to school like normal children?
- Have your children completed universities and working, trying to start their own family?
- Do you have grandchildren?
- Do you have a job to do?
- Are you able to afford three square meals a day with snacks in between?
- Do you drive? Have you had an accident before and if it’s yes, did you die?
I can go on and on, where you are today in life, is someone’s seeking miracle! So be thankful to the Lord for the blessings of today and don’t only concentrate on what you don’t have.
Someone may have all that I have mentioned above and even more but can’t enjoy them, because they can’t remember the existence of what they use to have and what they use to do, they depend on someone care for them.
Showing Gratitude For Being Part of God’s Kingdom
Be thankful for being part of God’s kingdom.”Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:12-14).”
Paul wrote Colossians from prison, yet his gratitude overflowed. God had delivered him from the dark powers that rule this world, into a new kingdom of light, of love, and of liberty from sin and death.
Thanking God For What He Has Done For You
The story of the Ten Lepers who were cleansed, Luke 17:11-19. Leprosy in ancient times was a terrible disease and whoever has it was an outcast. So one day Jesus was on His way from Jerusalem and He entered a certain village, there, He met ten lepers who pleaded with Him to have mercy on them and heal them.
Jesus asked them to go and show themselves to the high priest, and on their way, they got healed but only one out of the ten came back to thank Jesus. And Jesus rewarded him with healing beyond the physical (wholeness). The power of God cleansed him inwardly from the stain of sin.
Always remember to thank God when He does something for you, even for the insignificant things.
12 Reasons why You should be Thankful
- “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise, be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations (Psalms 100:4-5).” You don’t only thank God for what He has done or hasn’t done, you thank Him for who He is and as you praise Him, He sits in the praises of His people. Your praises bring honor and glory to the Lord.
- When you praise the Lord in every circumstance, it proves your confidence in Him to take care of the situation, because He has the details of your life and knows your end from the beginning.
- Thankfulness shifts your focus from yourself, the disappointment, pain, heartbreaks unto the Lord and increases your hope.
- Thankfulness changes your attitude towards that situation, which boosts your energy to focus on other things that will improve your life because you chose life over worry.
- When you thank God, you entrust your life into His hands to take care of you and you relax because you know He’s got your back.
- Thanksgiving improves your physical and emotional health, for you’re at peace within yourself.
- Being thankful confuses the enemy and destroys his power over your life, for he doesn’t understand why you are not worrying about all the problems he brought in your life.
- Praises and worship launch you into the presence of God and it’s a powerful form of prayer that the enemy can’t stand.
- Cultivating the habit of thankfulness honors God and strengthens your faith and also strengthens your relationship with people.
- When thanksgiving is your lifestyle, it stabilizes and improves your faith in God.
- Being thankful eliminates all worries because you’re trusting God to turn the situation for your good (the story of Joseph).
- Seeing God as all-powerful and trusting Him is a great step of good living.
So the Bible says; “enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise, be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations (Psalms 100:4-5).”
Live a life of thanksgiving, whether good or bad for you have received the overflowing grace and the free gift of righteousness to reign as a prince and a princess through Jesus Christ.