How does one have quiet talks with God? I believe that quiet talks with God is spending time constantly with Him and being aware of His presence.
Quiet talks with God is your daily early morning devotion time with God. It is called devotion because at this particular moment, you have devoted your time, yourself and have closed every form of distraction to focus on God alone.
You talk to God first thing in the morning when you wake up. Thanking Him for His goodness and mercies which are new every morning (Psalm 136:1), for who He is and all that He has done for giving you the gift of the day, (Psalm 118:24). You spend an ample time with Him in prayer, and allow Him to talk back to you.
Join the 30 Day Challenge of Quiet Talks With God
The purpose of human existence
God created us in His image to have fellowship with us!
In the beginning, God created man and woman in His image, according to His likeness to have fellowship with us (Genesis 1:26).
The Genesis 2:7 says, “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being.” Dust means clay, so a clay in the potter’s hand fashioning our bodies with love and grace into His image. God breathed the breath of life directly into us rather than simply giving life, distinguishing us from the animals.
Like a father who loves his son and want the son be part of whatever he does and enjoys fellowshipping with him, God after forming every beast of the field and every bird of the air, He took them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. (Genesis 2:19).
This makes it clear that, God’s intention for creating us, was to be part of our lives and constantly having fellowship with Him and worshipping Him. God loves to see us daily in His presence.
He comes down every day in the cool of the day to have fellowship with Adam and Eve, Genesis 3:8. God loves you and wants to have constant communication and fellowship with you.
God created man and woman for His pleasure; “Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3”
Here are some steps of how to spend time with God
- Talk to God first thing in the morning when you wake up and last thing before you sleep.
2. In the morning, worship and thank Him for the gift of the day and commit your day, family, work into His hands.
3. Read your bible, mediate on the scriptures you read. Pick a memory verse that will guide your thought and mind throughout the day.
4. Let your mind stay on Him throughout your day, constantly whispering something to Him.
5. Always remembering that His presence is with you.
6. In the night before you sleep, thank God for your day and strike a conversation about how your day went (whether good or bad)
7. Be open and talk to God about everything, how you feel about a situation, your struggles and pain, frustration and disappointment, and of cause your joyful moment too.
8. Have a note book and write down your communication with God.
9. Pray and commit the night into Gods hands, including your family and friends and your nation.
The best place to be at any giving time is the presence of God.
If there is anything more important than serving Jesus, it is simply being in His presence.