How can one kill the deeds of the flesh? And what are the deeds of the flesh?
When you read Galatians 5:19 -21, it gives you a list of the deeds of the flesh.
So, to kill the deeds of the flesh, you replace the fleshy things in your life with Galatians 5:22-24.
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (Romans 8:13).
The Roman sentence of crucifixion gives insight into the nature of how we must put to death the deeds of the flesh.
- Crucifixion was personal, focused on an individual. We must put to death the deeds of our own flesh by walking in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Crucifixion was painful. We fool ourselves if we think the habits and desires of the flesh will die without a struggle, they will not.
- Crucifixion is pitiless. There is no turning back once the process begins. Victims of crucifixion were not removed from the cross until they were dead. We must be just as merciless in putting to death the deeds of our flesh.
You can destroy the flesh in this life, but you can’t destroy the deeds of the flesh. The indwelling of the Spirit gives Christians the ability to kill the corrupt deeds that once defined us, enabling us to taste life imperishable.
Therefore, the fruit of the Spirit that enables us to kill the deeds of the flesh can be found in Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
- What are some of the things you need to crucify in your life?
- Do you struggle to put away some habits and desires of the flesh?
Prayer: Father, I thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ who came to die for my sins that I may be saved. Help me to live by the Spirit and put to death the deeds of the flesh. Amen!
Read: Romans 8:1-17
Get your Christmas gifts at a discount at. https://bemyne-enterprise.myshopify.com/