How can you be thankful when everything is collapsing around you and nothing seems to work? Here are the reasons to be thankful instead of worrying.
The Lord commands us in Matthew 6:31-32; Therefore, do not worry saying, “What shall we eat? or what shall we drink” or what shall we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
So what is worry? The biblical view of worry means. “to divide, tear, rip apart, to pull in opposite directions. So to be anxious, according to scripture, is to be torn apart by circumstances.
On the other hand, concern is a legitimate emotion, helping you to focus on real problems and providing enough spiritual energy to respond with godly solutions.
Thankfulness does not necessarily mean the absence of trouble but appreciating God who He is, for what He is doing now, what He has done before and what He will do in the future.
The dictionary explains “thank you” as a polite expression used when acknowledging a gift, service, or compliment, or accepting or refusing an offer.
We Christians do not always wait to receive something from God before we express our thankfulness, but even toughest situations, we thank Him because we know that He is with us, He is on our side and will give us victory at the end of it all.
God do not want us to worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.
He says, life is more than food and the body more than clothing. Looking at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet our heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:25-26
Mostly, we worry about all these things because we want to be assured that we have enough, which is not bad by it self. But it becomes bad when getting material things becomes our focus and also trying to control our tomorrow. That is when worry sets in.
Worry give way to anxiety or unease, and allows your mind to dwell on the difficulty and trouble, which will end you with various kinds of sickness and diseases. So why worry?
Put your trust in the One who is your Father and who created you that He will take care of your now and your tomorrows. You are more valuable than birds.
Be thankful for the gift of life and what you have today!
12 Reasons why You should be Thankful
- You do not only thank God for what He has done, or He hasn’t done, you thank Him for who He is. And as we praise Him, He sits in the praises of His people. Your praises bring honor and glory to the Lord.
- When you praise the Lord in every circumstance, it proves your confidence in Him to take care of the situation, because He has the details of your life and knows your end from the beginning.
- Thankfulness shifts your focus from yourself, the disappointment, pain, heartbreaks unto the Lord and increases your hope.
- Thankfulness changes your attitude towards that situation, boost your energy to focus on other things that will improve your life, because you chose life over worry.
- When you thank God, you entrust your life into His hands to take care of you and you relax because you know He has got your back.
- Thanksgiving improves your physical and emotional health, for you’re at peace within yourself.
- Being thankful confuses the enemy and destroys his power over your life, for he doesn’t understand why you are not worrying upon all the problems he’s bringing in your life.
- Praises and worship launch you into the presence of God and it’s a powerful form of prayer that the enemy can’t stand.
- Cultivating the habit of thankfulness honors God and strengthens your faith and strengthens your relationship with people.
- When thanksgiving is your lifestyle, it stabilizes and improves your faith in God.
- Being thankful eliminate all worries, because you’re trusting God to turn the situation for your good (the story of Joseph).
- When you see God as all powerful and trusting Him is a great step of a good living. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:6.
The opposite of peace is worry. Choose peace, don’t abandon your trust in God!
Visit www.bemyneenterprise.com to get your quality jewelry with message card this Christmas for yourself and a loved one. We can customize it for you as well.
Here are some samples: Personalized cross necklace
And more different niches for all members of the family. Contact us